Re: There is no place like Sarge.... Knoppix must go.

On Sat, 04 Jan 2003 19:02:32 +0000
"Chris Lale" <ctlale@coolscience.co.uk> wrote:
> Dan Hunt wrote:
>  > I had decided Knoppix 3.1 could be installed on my old windows
>
> Are you trying to use Knoppix to install Debian? There are instructions
> at http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2002/1104.barr_p.html
No, I ran apt-get update "without" changing the etc/apt/sources.list and it "broke" the apt-get in Knoppix. <Joe Barr Quote> "Pretty easy, really. I added deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free to my /etc/apt/sources.list, then ran apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. The whole process took me about 10 minutes." </Joe Barr Quote> In my Canadian 10 minutes, I had decided I wanted to go back to Sarge!  I guess if I try hard enough I can break anything.
Thank You!