Re: Kernel hacking: building single module

* Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> [2003-01-04 23:32]:

> * Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> [2003-01-04 19:15]:
>

> Ok, that works, although it does a lot more work than I wished ;).
> I suppose it has to go through the enter build process to build all
> the dependencies.  Nice if I could just rebuild the usb modules.

there is no problem in doing so:
  just make sure that you have exactly the same environment when you
  want to build the respective kernel module, i.e.
    make modules > module_build.dat
    grep <your_module> module_build.dat
  then you can simply build that module and copy it at the right place
  by hand.
  -- that's the way I build my kernel modules.

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf