Re: mrtg and snmpd

In linux.debian.user, "nate" wrote:
> James Vahn said:
>> <grumble> What misfortune has befallen these previously fine packages?
>> Snmpd has become so confusing and hogtied that it no longer performs any
>> function at all.. Does anyone know why?
>
> not really, but when was snmp NOT confusing and hogtied ? I've never known
> it not to be confusing.

<chuckle>  I've stumbled across a set of scripts and mrtg.conf from another
distribution that easily plugged into mrtg and I'm FREE of SNMP (at last!) :

    http://www.guardiandigital.com/products/software/trial/
        bonus-packages-i386.tag.gz

I wonder why Michael-John has disabled Debian's mrtg with a non-functioning
config.

> since you mention MRTG I'll mention my MRTG howto:
> http://howto.aphroland.de/HOWTO/MRTG

I took a brief look and will re- mention it to the mailing list. Thanks! :-)