Re: glade alocal.m4 error

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 12:21:07AM -0500, Kevin Coyner wrote......

> I'm trying to learn GUI C/C++ programming and decided to give Glade a
> whirl.
>
> I installed the Glade-Gnome package (testing) and fired it up.  No
> problems and I went through a tutorial quickly.  However, when executing
> a build via ./autogen.sh, I got the following error:
>
> ----------------------------------
> Please add the files
>   codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
>   progtest.m4
> from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
> or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
> You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.
>
> Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
> Running aclocal  -I macros ...
> aclocal: configure.in: 17: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 17: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library

Further googling on this has lead me to discover that I don't have the
following in my /usr/share/aclocal directory:

gtk.m4
glib.m4
libtool.m4

From what I've read these seem to be essential to the autogen.sh
process.  What additional package do I need to install for these files?
I already have autoconf, automake, gettext, glade-gnome and its
dependent libraries installed.

Thanks
Kevin

--