Re: Security Question

Thanks for all the help Colin,

  I will try that as soon as I get the chance.

John

At 12:16 PM 1/3/2003, you wrote:
On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 11:25:32AM -0800, John Gedeon wrote:
> Thanks Colin for all the info.
> Here is the header stuff on PBINDING but i think its a waste of time to
> debug their stuff any further. I think I will try to downgrade to their
> version of glibc and try it.

Oh, I think I might know what's going on. No, don't downgrade glibc.
Current glibc is compiled against the kernel headers from Linux 2.4, not
Linux 2.2, and 2.4 no longer has a 'struct device' (it seems to be
called 'struct net_device' now). Since you're compiling something that
needs to know about details of a particular kernel version, you need to
compile it against the headers from that kernel, not glibc. Say you have
2.2.whatever kernel source unpacked in /path/to/some/directory (and have
configured it and run 'make dep' there); then make sure you compile with
the '-I/path/to/some/directory/include' compiler option.

> (is glibc mean gnu libc?? because they said they weren't sure that the
> gnu c libs were compatible with redhat which just confused me.)

Red Hat uses the GNU C Library too.

Cheers,