Re: adding ssl to apache1.3?

"Jacob S." <stormspotter@6texans.net> writes:
> I ended up going the easy route when I wanted to add ssl... I simply ran
> "apt-get install apache-ssl". :-)

Depending on what you're doing, this may or may not be a good idea.
IME, apache-ssl is adequate for very basic things, though this happens
to include, for example, most common E-commerce applications.  If you
need to do more arcane SSL things -- for example, your site probably
has user certificates, and you'd like to authenticate with a
certificate if possible, but if not, fall back to HTTP basic
authentication -- you'll probably be happier with mod_ssl.

If that previous paragraph made no sense to you, you can ignore this
message.  :-)

	-- Abra Mitchell