Re: adding ssl to apache1.3?

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:21:58 -0500
"Robert L. Harris" <Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net> wrote:

>   I've got an apache1.3 server up and running.  I've been thinking for
> while of adding ssl for the heck of it (nothing important on it, just
> something I've wanted to to do).  I added libapache-mod-ssl to my
> debian unstable server.  There's no doc/readme on configuring and
> activating the openssl implementations.
>   Anyone got a good HOWTO or link?
> Robert

I'm thinking it's just a matter of uncommenting a line or two in your
httpd.conf file, but I'm not positive. I did notice, however, that
there's a handy package called "libapache-mod-ssl-doc" that I suspect is
what you're looking for.

I ended up going the easy route when I wanted to add ssl... I simply ran
"apt-get install apache-ssl". :-)

GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?