Re: Samba setup question: security setting

Quoting Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org>:

> I suppose this has nothing to do with Debain, but what does it mean to be
> a Primary Domain Controler?  And does that apply to Win98 and WinME
> machines or only W2K/XP/NT machines?

This will help setup control for your network.
This applies to all Billy's OS's since win95.

You may want to check out docs on samba or NT servers.
I find you can have a little more security and control with
a samba server as a PDC, but perhaps your home network
just needs a plain file server.

Cheers,
Mike