Re: X spontaniously dieing

This one time, at band camp, Mark Whaite said:
> Hello.  I've recently installed and configured X.  After some
> troubleshooting it seems that everything is right so far.....  except
> that when I startx it looks as if it is loading.  I get the grey X
> pattern and then it dies.  What am I missing?
> Mark

A window manager?  It sounds like you're starting X but not running
anything on top of it.  What's in ~/.xsession, or if you don't have that
file, what does /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager point to?

|  Stephen Gran                  | <Tali> be vewwy vewwy qwuiet .. I'm     |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | huntin wuntime ewwos                    |