Re: your mail

Moin,

* John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> [02-12-01 05:17]:
>Thorsten Haude wrote:
>>* Gregg & Monica <glangefeld@cox.net> [02-11-30 17:56]:
>>>I need to know if my computer can support debian....and I need to knwo if
>>>it will support the gui...here are my computers info...
>>>
>>>[Information about system]
>>
>>There is no way somebody can garuantee that Debian will work. Just get
>>it and try to install it, it's cheap.
>>
>Newer is not always better. I would advise trying a version of Debian
>like potato or possibly older which was developed for the age of machine
>you have and will more likely run on it. You will still be VERY pleased
>with the results. Also just do a very basic install and pick your
>applications very carefully as you will not have a great deal of space
>to work with.

That may make sensse from a technical point of view, but I doubt that
most people used to windows would like Potato better than Woody.
Chances are good that Woody will work, so it's worth a try.

Oh, and there is no reason to send me the same mail twice; I'm not
even the guy doing the install.

Thorsten
--
The privacy of correspondence, posts and telecommunications shall be inviolable.
    - German Grundgesetz, Article 10, Sec. 1