Re: Will Gregg and Monica's computer support Debian?

Pigeon wrote:
On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 09:56:45AM -0700, Gregg & Monica wrote:

I need to know if my computer can support debian....and I need to knwo if it
will support the gui...here are my computers info...

cyrix MII 266Mhz, 4gig hard drive, windows ME loaded and updated, sound card
w/powered speakers, 2usb ports,scroll mouse, keyboard,56k modem, 24Xcd rom
<needs drivers>, 32mb memory, video card has s-video, 2 open sdram slots

thanks.....

kyle

Comments:

You need another hard drive. 4Gb is too small (IMO) for Windoze, let
alone another OS. Plus, installing Linux on a separate drive reduces
the risk of damaging your Windoze installation. It's hard to get a new
HD less that 40Gb these days, and they're dead cheap, so that's what
I'd do.

I'm using a pc with win98, 1.3G HDD, 64MB ram, and using mainly mozilla.
The system is very adequate for that. I'd think it could dual boot just
with a 2GB HDD. With lots more windows apps and linux desktops, a 6.4GB
HDD should be ok.