Re: Updates to Sarge?

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 10:02, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 03:49:16AM -0500, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> > Is it just me and my choice of mirrors, or have the number of packages
> > moving from Sid to Sarge fallen off recently due to some dependency on
> > Sid blocking moves? I have had virtually no updated packages since the
> > Twente fire, and it happens that many of the servers I use are in Europe
> > (something to do with running apt-spy when it is the middle of the night
> > there,) but I am also aware of a libc update in Sid that could be
> > blocking many packages moving.
>
> Correct. Nothing meaningful in sarge will change until somebody fixes
> glibc. Also, testing updates were temporarily stopped after the fiery
> death of non-us.debian.org; see debian-devel recently.
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

Okay, so my question and potential reasons weren't wild and scurrilous
speculation on my part this time. Should we expect that when glibc is
ready, we will be looking at an apt-get upgrade for a system pinned to
Testing will prove to be > 100 packages?
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org