Spam alert

A word of warning to all the gentle folk here. The archives to this
(and, I guess, other Debbian lists) are published at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/

This list is a wonderful source of email addresses for spammers. I have
posted just two letters before this to the list, and already I'm getting
spammed.

Fortunately, in my case I have an email address just for Debian lists,
and so if email isn't from Debian it isn't welcome.

If you are unhappy at the idea of your email address being published in
plan view for every spammer to take and use, then I uege you to complain
to the person who runs this list, or failing that, to the postmaster at
the hosting site.

If you yourself host lists or archives of lists, take care to respect
people's privacy.

If you find another archive that also publishes email addresses,
complain there too. When enough people complain - and hopefully in this
matter one is enough - then people will take action to rectify the
problem.

Thanks folks for your time, and I'll get out of your way now.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield

Please, no off-list mail at all at all. This address accepts mail only from Debian lists.