Re: amavis - which one?

Kevin Coyner said:

> I'm setting up clamav and amavis to scan incoming email.
>
> A quick check of apt-cache search amavis gives me several choices:
>
> amavis-exim - Interface between MTA and virus scanner.
> amavis-milter - Interface between MTA and virus scanner.
> amavis-ng - AMaViS "Next Generation"
>
> I'm guessing that ng would be the one to use.  My MTA is exim though, so
> that seems a logical choice too.
>
> Would appreciate any guidance on which one to grab.

last I remember, amavis-ng was tuned for big servers, processing thousands
or tens of thousands of messages a day. If your server does not do this
I would reccomend amavis-exim. I can't say for certain though since
my woody doesn't have amavis-exim, only amavis-postfix. I run amavisd(snapshot
3, march 2002 I think, downloaded from amavis.org) on several systems,
and also run amavis-perl-11 on a couple systems as well, both work
well. they are in general more tested then amavis-ng. though, more
recently perhaps the tables have turned.

nate