Re: Setting default width of xman

On Friday 15 November 2002 17:24, Joe Riel wrote:
> When I select manual page in the xman startup window,
> the window for the manual is too narrow, I have to manually
> increase it to the proper size. How can I change the default
> size?
>
> I read the xman man page, it mentions the -pagesize option,
> which does work if I start xman from the command line, e.g.
>
> > xman -pagesize 800x900 &
>
> however, I would like to be able to start xman by using the mouse
> (I'm currentlly running fvwm). The xman man page does not mention
> a resource for setting page width, I tried
>
>  Xman*Pagesize:    800x900
>
> in .Xdefaults, that had no effect.
>
>  Xman*Geometry:  800x900
>
> causes the xman start window (the little guy with three or four buttons)
> to be huge, not at all what I want.
>
> Thanks for any suggestion.
>
> Joe Riel

What you want is
Xman*manualBrowser.geometry :    800x900
in your .Xdefaults.

Or you can adjust .fvwmrc to supply the
-pagesize 800x900
to xman.

Furthermore, I have
Key F9 A M Maximize 90 95
in my .fvwm2rc (works also for fvwm1)
This allows me to maximize the current window by pressing ALT-F9.
(Well, my example just leaves some space to the right and bottom.
 Use 100 100, if you want the whole screen)

- Michael