Setting default width of xman

When I select manual page in the xman startup window,
the window for the manual is too narrow, I have to manually
increase it to the proper size. How can I change the default
size?

I read the xman man page, it mentions the -pagesize option,
which does work if I start xman from the command line, e.g.

> xman -pagesize 800x900 &

however, I would like to be able to start xman by using the mouse
(I'm currentlly running fvwm). The xman man page does not mention
a resource for setting page width, I tried

 Xman*Pagesize:    800x900

in .Xdefaults, that had no effect.

 Xman*Geometry:  800x900

causes the xman start window (the little guy with three or four buttons)
to be huge, not at all what I want.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Joe Riel