Re: ASUS P4B533 Motherboard

Received Sun 10 Nov 2002  3:53am +1100 from Bill Moseley:

> Does anyone have experience installing Debian on a ASUS P4B533 based system
> that can offer any comments?  I'm not finding much on-line discussion of
> this motherboard.

Hi Bill,

I'm at this moment in the throws of installing Debain 3.0 on an ASUS
P4B533 based machine. So I would love to hear of any insights you
get.

My current state of play is that Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 installed just
fine (booted with bf24 to use the 2.4.18 kernel) but the onboard
network card is not recognised.

I have an additional IDE (CMD680) in the machine but when moving to
kernel 2.4.19, which supports this card, it becomes /dev/hda and my
original /dev/hda seems to be lost and I can't get past trying to mount
root partition.

Regards,
--
Graham.Williams@csiro.au       Tel: (+61 2) 6216 7042
Enterprise Data Mining         Fax: (+61 2) 6216 7111