Re: recover ext3 deletion

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 01:14:38AM +0000, Harvey Kelly wrote:
> Nope.  I get lots of inodes from July (?), the partition is unmounted, but
> not for long - got to get on with it haven't I?  Price of an education
> and all that.

Been there, done that. It's never fun.

Can I suggest using revision control for important files? That way, you
have a more convenient centrally-located thing to back up (the
repository), and you get the extra benefit of being able to go back and
look at older versions of what you've done. Also, if you get a second
machine you'll just be able to check files out from your repository
rather than messing about trying to keep home directories synchronized,
and you'll get instant distributed backups.