Re: How to rsync unstable?

Bill,

I use debian's anonftpsync. It works great. You can use the EXCLUDES to fine tune exactly what you want downloaded. Set it in a cronjob to run in the wee hours off of a mirror close to you.

http://www.debian.org/mirror/anonftpsync

My version of anonftpsync is below (just for an example of my changes relative to the original script). NOTE: mine won't work right out of the box for you either, you'll need to change paths, etc. I just provide it so you can see my version of the EXCLUDE, which is what makes anonftpsync tick.

http://mudbug.org/files/anonftpsync

My particular version is tuned to just get 'testing'. I also don't want a lot of architecture specific files, so those are added to my personal excludes. you could just change the line:
"--exclude stable/ --exclude unstable/ --exclude source/ \"
to:
"--exclude stable/ --exclude testing/ --exclude source/ \"

Hope this helped.

Gary.

Bill Wagner wrote:

Does anyone have a script or something with which one can rsync a
particular release (in my case, I'd like to keep a local mirror of
unstable).

Thanks in advance!

Bill