Re: Building DEB from Source Package

On Wed, 06 Nov 2002, Stephen Gran wrote:
> Look into pbuilder - it's designed for doing stuff exactly like this.  I
> have a testing machine as my day to day desktop machine (it's also the
> fastest of my non-server boxes) so I use it compile things for the other
> boxes.  pbuilder sets up a chroot environment, set to whatever
> distribution you tell it, and then allows you to rebuild from source for
> that distribution.

Thanks for the information.  I'll give it a try.  One last question: how
much space does the chroot environment consume on the hard drive?  Take
the woody distribution as an example, if you could.
	-- Robert

    Robert James Kaes    ---  Flarenet Inc.  ---    (519) 426-3782
		       http://www.flarenet.com/
      * Putting the Service Back in Internet Service Provider *