Re: OT: managing addresses in conjunction with a palm

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 04:28:55PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> if you use your palm pilot with Debian, and you sync addressbooks,
> then I'd be interested in hearing the approach you take. I have tried
> the following:
>
>   - jpilot: nice and simple, but without features like search. i also
>     dislike the UI...

If you can live with the UI (I don't think it's bad, but personal
preference rules I guess), then you can keep all your email addresses in
the palm:

apt-get install lbdb

~/.mutt/muttrc:
    set query_command="/usr/lib/lbdb/palm_lsaddr $HOME/.jpilot/AddressDB.pdb | grep -i '%s'"

and the email addresses in the pilot should be acessible from mutt.

However, it does not allow you to manipulate the pilot address db from
within mutt...

I suspect that you can use the same mutt query command in conjunction
with other palm sync tools; I haven't tried.

HTH

--
          _  __
|\(_|| | |_   |(/)| (_|(-'| |`-,(-`| |       http://www.karl.jorgensen.com