OT: managing addresses in conjunction with a palm

if you use your palm pilot with Debian, and you sync addressbooks,
then I'd be interested in hearing the approach you take. I have tried
the following:

  - jpilot: nice and simple, but without features like search. i also
    dislike the UI...

  - evolution: too clunky

  - other GUI mail clients: i am a mutt user...

  - addressbook: this would be easy to incorporate if i were to write
    a perl filter, so this is one option. anyone with a filter already
    written?

  - abook: even though text-based, it is too counterintuitive to use
    in some ways. it's not very easy to use, i find. besides, i don't
    know how to convert to and from the palm...

  - text-only/perl-hack: well, trying to avoid this if not the last
    resort.

thanks for any ideas and bright sparks!

with searching comes loss
and the presence of absence: