Re: Microsoft's plans to kill open source: TCPA

> I know - but the point I was making was that there are already too
> many political and commercial pressures supporting Linux to NOT let
> someone put a strangle hold on the keys for lots of $$.   Anyone
> trying it will
>
> a) Either be trumped by government who will ensure that linux
> developers get a key for use

The government - especially the US government is today only too happy
about anything that put a strangle hold on free communication. I don't
expect any help from that direction.

> b) Or trumped by someone using legal arguments that it is
> unconsitutional to kill free software in this way

Same thing - the government can't (or doesn't want to) win a lawsuit
against the people involved there. I don't think anybody else can under
these circumstances.

> c) Or by the market - because the imposition of this type of control
> makes non controlled products MUCH more attractive (relative to now).

I this really gets implied there wont be a market for products that
don't support it.You can't connect to machines that check the
certificates and a OS without connectivity is dead.

But there still is beer!!

Prost,

Klaus