Re: Installing new software

    "Shyamal" == Shyamal Prasad <shyamal.prasad@sbcglobal.net> writes:

    Shyamal> Here, I even fired up the old laptop to make sure I'm not
    Shyamal> lying to myself about this:

    > $dpkg -l 'xfree*common' 'xserver*common'
    > ii xfree86-common 4.1.0-16 X Window System (XFree86) infrastructure
    > ii xserver-common 4.1.0-16 files and utilities common to all X servers

Obviously I was not reading what I was cutting and pasting or paying
attention to what it was saying. But I *really* do have
xserver-common-v3 installed on my laptop along with the above
packages. I promise ;-)

To switch between the two servers you need to make the link /etc/X11/X
point to the right server.

Cheers!
Shyamal