Re: Problem with libesd-alsa

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002 11:50:08 -0500
Edward Guldemond <thedebategod@yifan.net> wrote:

> I gave up on this problem because I don't use ESD all that often, and
> replaced the ESD support in most of my apps with either ALSA or OSS
> support.  And I stopped running GNOME and ESD and am now using KDE and
> ARTSD.

I have also just now discovered that OSS emulation doesn't work if
something else is already playing. Is it supposed to work like this? If
so, I don't see a whole lot of improvement from OSS to ALSA.

--
Theodore Reed (rizen/bancus)   -==-   http://surreality.us:8080/~rizen/
~GPG/PGP Signed/Encrypted Mail Preferred; Finger me for my public key!~

"Without deviation, progress itself is impossible." -- Franke Zappa