Re: Locales, Mutt, OpenOffice, Emacs

On November 2, 2002 at 5:43PM +0100,
Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 11:30:16 -0500, Alan Shutko wrote:
> > You can/must set the input and output independantly.  C-x C-m k for the
> > input, C-x C-m t for the output.  (Or their equivalents in your
> > .emacs.)
>
> OK, thanks. This now works.

I understood.  My suggestion lacked set-keyboard-coding-system.

> Currently emacs generates files encoded in ISO-8859-1. What should
> I do if I want files encoded in UTF-8?

For the immediately following command, type `C-x RET c utf-8 RET'.

For the visited file in the current buffer, type `C-x RET f utf-8 RET'.

For more information, see the Emacs manual.  (`C-x info RET d m
Emacs RET s coding RET SPC SPC SPC ...)

--
Tatsuya Kinoshita