Re: Converting router from W2K to Debian

In article <[🔎] F472DnIqKegFM8cjJ0R0001468a@hotmail.com>,
Alex Malinovich <alexmalinovich@hotmail.com> wrote:
>2) Get DNS set up. I used to have two zones. theloveshack.local for my
>internal DNS, and the-love-shack.net for my external DNS. I'd like to
>consolidate these into one. However, since my NS is the registered NS for
>my domain, I don't want all of these Class... C? (192.168.0.*, I can never
>remember which one's which) IPs showing up in there. Is there a way around
>this without creating two completely different zones?

Yes. Install bind9, and define 2 different views for the zone.
One view for queries from the "inside", one view for all other
queries.

It would be easiest if you create 2 files; one with just the
entries to be seen from the outside, one with just the internal
entries, then use "$INCLUDE outsidezonefile" in the internal
file, so that that file automatically has both. That way you
don't need to keep duplicate records.

Mike.