Re: GPG/PGP signing

On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 19:37:14 GMT, Colin Watson writes:

>> I've never ever heard of "the.earth.li" before, for example. Does it
>>  sync with something sensible (like keyserver.net)? Or do you expect
>>  people to regularly search the wide 'net for each&every me-too - server
>>  that's out there. Or not.
>
>the.earth.li == wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net. It's no me-too server. I just happen
>to use the first name because I've been using it since before it was
>wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net.

I knew that, I was only picking it up as an example, the question
 itself was meant more generally, and altogether serious. Let me
 rephrase that:

To which keyserver is one expected to upload ones key, so that everyone
 on this (and near every other, for that matter) list will be able to
 get it?

Me myself, I prefer keyserver.net, some others use keys.pgp.com, then
 there's *.pgp.net and http://www.cert.dfn.de/dfnpca/pgpkserv/
 And surely, there's a ton of others out there. All of them?
 Impossible. A select few? Which ones, which criteria, will fit everyone
 (or as close as matters)?

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /