Re: Better calendar tool?

-- Paul Smith <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com> wrote
(on Friday, 01 November 2002, 03:38 PM -0500):
> What do people use out there for a personal calendar tool?
>
> I've been using gnomecal, from gnome-pim, but it's too buggy: I've
> installed the latest version from unstable and still it can't do the
> most trivial things, such as displaying meetings that start at on the
> half-hour properly.  This bug has been reported in the BTS for ~3
> months.
>
> So surely there are other graphical calendar managers out there: what do
> others use?  I'd prefer something that comes all in one piece and does
> alarms, etc. without having to hook up bits and pieces (i.e., hooking an
> Emacs calendar tool to xmessage, etc.)  I can do it, and I have even
> done it in the past, but I'm looking for something more straightforward
> right now.

Believe it or not, jpilot can be used without a palm (I don't, though).
It has alarms, nice display, and is fairly straightforward. The only
problem with it currently is that you cannot add/remove categories
without a Palm (it can only display those found in the palm database,
not create or remove them).

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net