package installation halts

Hi,

I'm trying to install Debian 3.0 from DVD onto an Intel based PC. There seems to be no problem installing an operating system. However when  installing packages, using Task Installer, I make my selection (I've tried a handfull, and the results are the same) the machine starts to do some configuring. When I get to the screen that says "Configure Locales" it doesn't matter what I do I can't seem to move forward. I did <ctrl>C, which killed the process. It also meant that the installation of packages didn't really happen, desite some effort from me.

Can anyone offer advice? Am I not doing something really abvious?

Yours

Dave Stinchcombe

Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN. Click Here