Re: SuSE vs. Debian ???

Lourens replying to "Michael D. Schleif" <mds@helices.org> wrote:

      >  Of course, I recognize these points -- they are truly sound.  I
am not
      >  of a mind to convert the customer to debian.
      >
      >  Rather, I am looking for pointers on learning SuSE and how to
manage the
      >  beast.  Although, to some extent, linux is Linux, I have been
around
      >  enough to recognize that all apples are not red . . .

I have used (and still use SuSE) - Debian is new to me.

Fortunately SuSE have good user-list(s), documentation and a good
Support Data Base (SDB).
I have never used their Telephonic Support ??
They are also pretty good with patches and updates.

You should not have any major hassles and have the opportunity to see
"how the other side lives".

Why am I learning Debian with a view to switching??
I am truly tired of RPM based systems ...

BTW - APT is a gem. Well done Debian!

HTH

***

Stay legal - use Free Software!

***

Courtesy of Linux and Open Source Software.
Registered Linux User

Lourens Steenkamp
R.S.A.