Re: security update

Timur,

It's easier to just let apt do all the work for you.

Check if you have the following in /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

If not, add it. Then:

apt-get update

This updates the latest packages for you (including security fixes).

Finally:

apt-get dist-upgrade

This will install whatever packages you need to get up to date. Use
"-s" if you want to see what packages it will add/remove/upgrade
before doing it for real.

Good luck.

Liam