Re: OT Howto convert .jpgs to a thumbnailed html page?

nate wrote:

Kent West said:

Looks like I jumped the gun on posting this question. A quick run of
"apt-cache search thumb" returned some likely-looking candidates:
  cthumb
  curator
  galrey
  igal
  webmagick
  album

Anyone have any suggestions as to which program will be most suitable?

I use igal, its nice since it's all HTML based, no javascript, no cgi,
easy to work with(for a basic album all you need to do is type igal in
the directory with the pictures, no options required).

you can see a sample of igal in action on my server here:
http://portal.aphroland.org/graphon/pictures/server-room/

(note, its a rather large page)

nate

Wow! That's even easier (and cleaner) than curator. Curator creates "Next" and "Previous" images using thumbnails of the next and previous images, which is kindda cool, but igal is easy.

Debian: The way Life oughtta be.

Thanks!

Kent