Re: [SOLVED] Re: how to find out pppd's exit status?

also sprach andrej hocevar <ah@siol.net> [2002.09.05.1740 +0200]:
> On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 03:04:31PM -0400, Jason McCarty wrote:
> > > as I'd find out about pppd's status: if it got a busy-signal or
> > > anything else, no information would be written to the file. Can I do
> > > it in a script?
>
> Yes, indeed you can! I've found the answer. :)
> Forgive me for being so ignorant, but that's exactly why there's the
> /etc/ppp/ip-up.d directory and I didn't know that. Until now.

How do you detect pppd's failure to connect because of a busy signal
with /etc/ppp/ip-up.d ????????

"when i tell a robot to get me a beer,
 i don't want it horsing around.
 i want it to get a beer."