Re: Mplayer help

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 07:33, Udo Schlaepfer wrote:
> Burkhard Ritter <burkhard@sportident.de> writes:
>
> > Date: 22.06.2002 18:33:20 (CEST)
>
> ??
>
> > does mplayer support realmedia? if that is the case you have probably to
> > compile it from source and configure it in the right way. so yes, give
> > compiling a try.
>
> Yes mplayer does. One should read the docu (§2.1.1.6, §2.2.1.8, §2.2.2.5).
>
> Tschoe Udo.

I did indeed read the directions - which state that mplayer "should
detect the RealPlayer libraries in the standard locations of a full
installation."

My problem is that I don't know what that standard location should be,
and that's what I am looking for help with.

I tried copying the realplayer libraries (obtained as suggested in the
docs from RealMedia) to /usr/local/lib, adding said dir to
/etc/ld.so.conf, and running ldconfig, but that didn't cause mplayer to
be able to recognize .rm video files. I'm wondering what other location
I should be trying.

Thanks.