Re: Problems with konqueror

On 03 Sep 2002 14:52:41 -0500
Mark Roach <mrroach@okmaybe.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 12:18, Klaus Imgrund wrote:
> > There I go again,
> >
> > I am having trouble with konqueror.Worked fine for 3 days on a new install now it is crapping out again.
> > When I start it shows up without the sidebar.When I change to certain directories without the sidebar everything is ok.
> > With the sidebar konq crashes and has to be killed.
> > This only happens with a few directories on one useraccount.
> > On a previous install I had the same problem with the rootaccount.
> >
> > Has anybody any idea what could cause this?
>
> The only time I've ever seen something like this is when a mounted
> filesystem is screwed up. check your mounts and see if any of them are
> not responding: nfs, samba, autofs etc

I don't have any of those.
After I transfer big files (<200 mb) - not really big - konq just starts to act up. Normally I kill it and things go back to normal.
On the last install I had the same problem as root.After that I couldn't get to a useraccount as root from the sidebar - if I type the account manually it's ok.
After that it gave me a webpage that is archived within the useraccount and crashes.
After that I stopped using it on the last install.
Now the whole story starts again.I did install rox-filer in the meantime and that doesn't have this problems with the same operations on the same filesystems.
Also got conectiva and gentoo on the same machine (with KDE3) going without a glitch?

Klaus