Re: Sid

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 02:07:51PM +0100, Dale Amon wrote:
> Probably not appropriate here, but if anyone is involved with
> the sid dist could reply off line, I'd be interested to know
> if there is any ETA on that dist sorting out. Some of my
> machines are showing large numbers of packages "held back"
> under apt-get; and dselect looks like it wants to de-install
> half my system (on several machines) if I ever run it.
>
> Just curious how many weeks it will be before things settle
> down.

sid is unstable, and often suits its name. I wouldn't expect it ever to
settle down if I were you. :)

The current major blockers are the perl 5.8 and python 2.2 transitions.
Those are being worked on and should be sorted out by a couple of weeks
from now, but by then something else may well have taken their place.