Re: installing sarge/sid from cd

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 12:34:08AM -0500, Donald R. Spoon wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> >The installer for sarge is being completely ripped out and replaced.
> >Please don't expect it to be useful yet. If you want to install sarge or
> >sid, install woody and upgrade (from the CD if you like).
>
> How far along in the process at this moment?  Any "rough" estimates when
> it will be "usable" for testing purposes??

Not from me. I would be inclined to say that if you're not ready to
develop it - or at least not worry about major holes - steer clear for
some months yet.

> I have read some of the stuff on Debian-boot, but most of it is over
> my head. It sounds quite interesting, though.

Indeed, debian-boot is the place to look. Ignore things you don't
understand, as there's often an announcement in plainer language when
something new is made to work.