Re: Fwd: Re: question on Mozilla sources

On Tuesday 03 September 01:14, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 09:06:33PM -0400, Robert wrote:

> > > There is a build/package/debian directory which has what appears
> > > to be the files needed to build a deb, but I have never actually
> > > tried it.
> >
> > Yes, and its dated August all right too.
> > (August 1999)

> In general you can only expect the code for building Debian packages
> to be up to date in the Debian archive itself. Look for .diff.gz
> files in <ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/mozilla/>.

Yes.  The question I assumed was about the latest version (1.1) as there
are debs already available for the others.

Actually, I left off the smilee in my note as well.  I had taken a quick
look and thought "great !" when I saw the August dates on the debian
directory, and actually tried to build it.
Heh.  I took another look afterwards and realized my mistake.  ;)

Anyway, a checkinstall deb worked out fine for the time being to satisfy
my curiousity.

all the best,
Robert_L