Re: x-session-manager overrides x-window-manager

I think Hubert's idea below is a good one. Although it still seems a bit
of an odd thing to have to hack like this in order to give a window
manager priority over a session manager. Some of us just don't want to use
kde or gnome as window managers, even if we have them installed.

Anyway, a slight correction. I used the filename:

/etc/X11/Xsession.d/51local_force-x-window-manager

and it contains:

REALSTARTUP=x-window-manager

(not REALSETUP as below).

Time will tell whether it will withstand upgrades. I think it should be
fine. *.d folders are great.

Cheers,
Matthew.