Re: make menuconfig

I re-untarred kernel-source-2.4.18-tar.bzip2 into
# /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18 and ran "make menuconfig"
from in there, and it worked! I *hate* reinstalling stuff
to make it work. There should be a systematic way of tracing
thru scripts as they execute, to find the cause of these
problems. When a full-screen app runs, it clears away all
the startup messages on the screen up to that point. Is
there any way to retrieve these messages?