Re: 2 questions

--- "Jamin W.Collins" <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:39:11 -0400
> Edward Guldemond <thedebategod@yifan.net> wrote:

> > > 2. How to add shutdown and reboot to logout menu?

If you're using GDM, modify the gdm.conf file in /etc/X11
as root using your favorite text editor and change the line
using your favorite editor under [security] that says:

"AllowRoot=false" to "AllowRoot=true"

then save and exit!

Be warned, though... the first time I did this and tried to
shutdown it went to an ugly blue striped screen and just
"hung". I had to reboot and go back in and change the
background to "none" under the background tab in the gdm
configuration GUI. For some reason my computer doesn't like
the colored backgrounds.

Hope this helps!

Nile

=====