Re: 2mice-WantedConsole&X

> I'd like to have both mice working with gpm and X.  My gpm and X
> relevant sections follow and ideas on tweaking these to make this work
> would be appreciated.
>
> Using a laptop (Gateway9550) with its builtin mouse, and a USB mouse
> (logitech optical cordless)
>
> The following gives me the builtin but not the USB in console but both
> working mice in X
<snip>

> The following gives me both mice in console but I lose one ( jerky
> unpredictable behavior) in X
<snip>

this second setup is good to start from, as it already works in console
imho, the way you want to use gpmdata is wrong. it is one fifo, and you
repeat two different signals through it. my guess would be to repeat both
mice through gpmdata, but in the same protocol. X won't even notice the
actions come from two different mice, so you'll only need one
"inputdevice" section. you might try a config like this:

/usr/sbin/gpm -m /dev/psaux -t autops2 -Rps2 -M -m /dev/input/mice -t
 imps2 -Rps2

Section "InputDevice"
 Identifier      "GPM Mouse"
 Driver          "mouse"
 Option          "CorePointer"
 Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
 Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
 Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
 Identifier      "Default Layout"
 Screen          "Default Screen"
 InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
 InputDevice     "GPM Mouse"
EndSection

just guessing, but you might give it a try
good luck,

Joris