Re: real transparency (under X11)

On 01/09/02 Miquel van Smoorenburg did speaketh:

> Someone has to design how this fits in with the existing X11
> protocol, probably develop an extension, then write the code,
> and invent and document an API for this.
>
> Then all applications that want real transparency probably need to
> be rewritten to take advantage of this.
>
> That's not something you do in a day. In fact, it's probably
> not something you can do in a year.

    I thought that Rasterman was working on this, and that the latest version
of Enlightenment had support for it. (17?)

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix