Re: real transparency (under X11)

In article <[🔎] E17lVSl-0000l6-00@hyperion.heim.lan>,
Christian Schoenebeck  <christian.schoenebeck@epost.de> wrote:
>I'm still waiting for the ability to use real transparency. What's the deal
>with this anyway? I mean, what is the problem that there's still only pseudo
>transparency?

Someone has to design how this fits in with the existing X11
protocol, probably develop an extension, then write the code,
and invent and document an API for this.

Then all applications that want real transparency probably need to
be rewritten to take advantage of this.

That's not something you do in a day. In fact, it's probably
not something you can do in a year.

Mike.