Re: WindowMaker

> I'm trying to add my own command to the Window Maker WM.
>
> What I'm tyring to do is add the ability to run a single command
> line from the F2 key.  This is simeilar to the functionality in
> KDE of the F2 button.
>
> Someone has recommended
>
>    "Run..." SHORTCUT F2 SHEXEC %a(Run,Type command to run: )
>
> The only problem is that I really don't know where to put it.
>

> help?
>
> Personally, I think it would be pretty neat to put together
> something in the docs of the WindowMaker.  (I really hope I didn't
> miss seeing this file if it does exist, I'll feel really stupid.)

hey tom...here's a partial solution to your problem - i've used it quite
extensively and actually, it's saved me from using an 'f2' type command:

http://packages.debian.org/stable/x11/wmbutton.html

it's a really sweet dock-app that let's you configure 9 click-able buttons -
each with left/right/middle click configs so you actually have 27 choices
built into a little customizable dock-app.

good luck in your quest!

-jeff