Re: debconf configuring XF86Config-4 with two mice

    "Jerome" == Jerome Acks, <Jerome> writes:

    >> My work around was to add my own server layout at the top of
    >> the file *before* the debconf managed section and leave the
    >> Generic Mouse out of it. The server will use the first
    >> ServerLayout section it finds by default, and so the debconf
    >> generated one with two mice is left unused. My file starts like
    >> this:

    Jerome> Hi Shyamal,

    Jerome> Yes this works. Thanks.

    Jerome> Sure seem like a bug with the templates or scripts debconf
    Jerome> uses to have entries for a "Generic Mouse" that you can't
    Jerome> alter via debconf.

I'm glad it worked out. I actually wrote up a bug report for this, but
when I looked into it some more it became a "wishlist" bug report, and
then I finally decided it's not really a bug.

For one thing, I found that 'man dexconf' clearly describes the
solution above. The other is that the generic mouse entry is correct
99% of the time, and it no longer hurts users who don't have
/dev/input/mice. Users who need to get rid of generic mouse usually
have very special needs, and they probably should know how to get
around the debconf defaults anyway.....

So, I finally felt better educated and dropped the bug report ;-)

Cheers!
Shu