Re: debconf configuring XF86Config-4 with two mice

    "Jerome" == Jerome Acks, <Jerome> writes:

    Jerome> When I run dpkg-reconfigure, I am only asked question
    Jerome> about the "Configured Mouse" and I don't seem to have any
    Jerome> way to change the configuration of the "Generic Mouse" or
    Jerome> to remove it entirely. After going through the debconf
    Jerome> documentation, it is still not clear to me how to delete
    Jerome> the generic mouse entry from the debconf database.  Any
    Jerome> suggestions on how to do this?

I hope some else comes up with a better answer to this then the one I
have below.

My work around was to add my own server layout at the top of the file
*before* the debconf managed section and leave the Generic Mouse out
of it. The server will use the first ServerLayout section it finds by
default, and so the debconf generated one with two mice is left
unused. My file starts like this:

# My own server layout to skip over the debconf generated default
# which insists on using the "Generic Mouse" InputDevice....
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "My Server Layout"
        Screen          "Default Screen"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
EndSection
### BEGIN DEBCONF SECTION
# XF86Config-4 (XFree86 server configuration file) generated by dexconf, the
# Debian X Configuration tool, using values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the XF86Config-4 manual page.
# (Type "man XF86Config-4" at the shell prompt.)
#
# If you want your changes to this file preserved by dexconf, only make changes
# before the "### BEGIN DEBCONF SECTION" line above, and/or after the
# "### END DEBCONF SECTION" line below.

This works just fine, and I can dpkg-reconfigure as much as I want
without having to worry about the Generic Mouse.

Cheers!
Shyamal