Re: Raid 5 and recoving from a crash

Hi Karsten,

Since you are so far beyound my experience in this, could you point out a few of the good, and not so good, vendors and products for both the Raid and the Drives?

How do you feel about IDE(and which IDE standard? 100?133?some new one I forget the name of:( ?) vs SCSI Raid (and which flavor of SCSI)?

I can afford to be down for a day or two to rebuild an Array. The data is relatively static and read only. Thus I will probably use a couple of CDRW's on cron jobs. Better suggestions are welcome. Will I run into a problem with ~150gig of Raid5 + 4 CDRW's?