Recent upgrade to Postgresql 7.2 caused a lot of wierd problems

I recently upgraded my Woody box to include postgresql 7.2. It did not
automatically upgrade the existing databases  as it should have and it
destroyed the old system. I do have backups, so that is not a real
problem. However a wierd problem that I have discovered is that
phppgadmin does not seem to work...no matter what I try. also I seem to
remember there was a database for phppgadmin in postgres. I did
reinstall phppgadmin, but there is still no datanase and I can not log
in..get no such user or access denied. Does phppgadmin need to be
upgraded? Does Php4 need to be changed/upgraded?? Any suggestions are
appreciated. Webmin seems to have no problems...
--
John Foster